With mercury level soaring high, it is time for you to tweak your make-up stack to help you sail through the sticky and humid summer woes, says an expert.
Shikhee Agrawal, head of training, The Body Shop, has shared tips for skin, make-up and hair.
* Tackle shine: Replace your rich cleanser and face cream with a foaming gel and an oil-free daily lotion that has a minimum SPF 15. Carry a compact for midday touch-ups but don’t cover your entire face with powder as this would lead to clogging of your skin pores.
* Moisturise daily: Moisturising isn't about adding oil to the skin. It is about keeping moisture in. So use an oil-free or light moisturiser over damp skin and work from the inside out by drinking extra water to stay hydrated. Freeze aloe vera in ice tray for instant sunburn relief.
* Lighthen up: Skip the thick foundations and switch to foundations with lighter texture - BB cream, fresh nude foundations, lip and cheek stains, bronzing gel and lip gloss.
* Go smudgeproof: Waterproof mascara help prevent eye make-up from running or smearing in the heat. Want extra insurance? Use colour on the top lids only and leave the lashline.
* Summer hair repair: Pump volume into straight or fine hair by skipping conditioner (or applying it only to your ends). Also, take a break from the blow-dryer to let your hair air-dry. Many people with fine, straight hair actually have a slight wave that adds body.
Avoid, over cleansing. Always apply your frizz controlling products while hair is still damp.
To stay updated, please connect with us on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.
Visit our yet another website on Food recipe and health tips (largest collection of Indian and International recipe) - Imperial Inn!