Try A-line #kurtas, asymmetric hemlines, capes and #palazzos, to look casual and chic at the same time, say experts.
Sanhita Dasgupta, Myntra Fashion Stylist, and Jimmy Kaul, Managing Director and Co-Founder, Shopotox, list down some fashion tips.
* Checkmate the weather with all things cropped - culottes, flared jeans, formal trousers, so on and so forth. Hemlines above the ankles should be your uniform in this weather.
* Look chic and formal in black socks and clear boots. Replace your socks with colourful and fun prints if you're heading for a party.
* Layer up and stay ready for the abrupt mood change of the day. Stock some light and peppy jumpers, quick-dry shrugs or cropped jackets to fight the wind.
* Spruce up the styles: Instead of the dull and plain kurtas, try different styles. Opt for long, asymmetrical kurtas or A-line ones. Ensure that you choose from cotton, linen, khadi and viscose fabrics. These are some of the best fabrics to opt for in the summer as they will keep you cool and comfy. You can pair your long kurtas with classy heels and a satchel bag to look on point at office.
* Lap up loose bottoms: Instead of tight leggings or churidar pants, embrace loose bottoms like palazzo pants, culottes and parallel pants. Stay at ease throughout the day by pairing a contrast long kurta or a long top with palazzo or cotton pants.
* Waistcoats are the way to go: A printed waistcoat on a plain kurta can instantly amp up your style quotient in summer. Waistcoats not only flatter your figure but also give a whole new dimension to the formal office wear look. As you're looking for formal wear, do not go for heavy prints and shimmery fabrics.