Treat your garments like it's couture. Dry clean your woollens and silks, wash your whites separately, say experts.
Designer Divyam Mehta and designer Gaurang Shah have rolled out some points that could be incorporated in saving your clothings in easy way:
* Invest in a walk-in wardrobe. Have sections like -- daily wear, sportswear, evening wear and nightwear.
* For longevity and maintenance of clothing one must follow the wash care instruction. Woollens and silks should only be dry cleaned and ironed at appropriate temperature.
* A good ironing can change the look of the garments.
* Cotton and linen should best be hand washed and dried in shade. Knitwear should be dried flat, hanging can distort the necklines and shape of the garments.
* Whites should always be washed separately.
* Invest in good quality classic clothing, and not fast fashion.
* Store each garment in a white mul cotton cover. May it be a sari, a lehenga, dupatta or an embellished blouse.