First meetings are always tricky, so it is better to brush up your #dating knowledge before you go out. Dress well, loosen up and get your humour right to leave a good impression, say experts.
Gorav Aggarwal, Founder of Lovevivah.com and Solene Paillet, Head of Communication, Gleeden.com, have shared some tips to break the ice and leave an indelible impression on a first date:
* Pick up your best outfit but don't get over dressed: Your physical appearance will be your first impression, so pick up a decent dress which makes you look charming and fresh. Make sure you don't get over dressed because this might become a distracting factor for your date. His or her focus will be less on you and more on your clothes.
* Loosen up: Don't behave like you are going for a job interview. Make eye contact and greet with your best smile and make the situation comfortable.
* Compliment your way through: A compliment is the best way to start the conversation. It makes the other person more comfortable and inclined towards you. But be careful with your words and adjectives.
* A good sense of humour always works: Keep positive humour in your talk to make her or him laugh. This will lend the conversation a positive note. Please be creative and funny with your jokes and not stupid and annoying and use them in the appropriate moment and timing.
* Do your homework well: Do a proper study of the profile and the interests of your date and talk about it, this shows your interest in her/him and your acceptance towards her/him interest and hobbies.
* Ask for a second date: Show that you liked her/him and want to meet the person again. This will make the person more confident and admire you more.